Happy Thanksgiving my beautiful friends! I wanted share my favorite Sweet Potato Marshmallow recipe with you and also take the opportunity to truly thank you so much for your support, friendship and kindness over the years. The journey from clicking ‘publish’ on my very first post (eeeek! I still remember how scary it was!) through four years later to now, has been more than I could have ever imagined in my wildest dreams. It’s all because of YOU! I can’t imagine my life without this journey and you part of it… from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
Here’s one of my favorite Thanksgiving treats, a Sweet Potato Marshmallow recipe – it’s so tasty and super easy! Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Marshmallow Recipe
- Oranges x 4 (which will make 8 serves)
- Sweet Potato x 3 (medium / large size)
- Brown Sugar x 2 tablespoons
- Marshmallows (allow for 3 – 4 per serve)
- Sharp knife
- Vegetable peeler
- Saucepan (and optional steamer)
- Large bowl
- Vegetable masher or fork
Sweet Potato Marshmallow Recipe – What you’ll do…
1. Start by preparing the sweet potato first, which will give you time to do everything else while they cook. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into large squares, then boil or steam until tender.
2. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, prepare the oranges. Cut each orange in half, then use a knife and spoon to remove most of the inside pulp.
3. Once the sweet potato is cooked to your liking, remove and place into a large bowl. Now use a vegetable masher or fork to mash the potato, do this thoroughly so all lumps are gone and you have a smooth consistency. Add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar to the sweet potato mash and continue to mix well.
4. It’s time to scoop the sweet potato mash into the orange halves. Then top each with 3 – 4 marshmallows.
5. Finally, place the orange halves in an oven-safe dish and bake at 350°F (175°C) until the marshmallows start to brown and soften. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy this warm, sweet treat and the deliciously gooey marshmallows!