Welcome to Style Sessions! I’m sharing one of the most versatile wardrobe hues with you today – white! On weekends I live in it and adore the light, bright feel this color brings to any outfit. You’ll see I kept things pretty simple, but on weekends that’s often what I love most…
In case you’re new here, Style Sessions is live every Tuesday from 5am PST. It’s all about sharing what we’ve been wearing, or if you’re on a budget, a virtual outfit you’d love to wear! Every week I also select someone to showcase as ‘Head Stylist’ in the next edition – it’s a brilliant way to showcase your personal style and your blog.
I simply ask that you please follow Style Elixir (via Bloglovin’, Twitter, Facebook or GFC!) and provide a link to this in your post or add the button below to your blog. Any tweets to spread the word are fabulous, we all love meeting new blog friends!
A Light and Bright Weekend Delight…
Outfit Details: Lulu’s Lavender Top (or similar neckline here) c/o | White Jeans (similar) | Silver Sequin Flats (similar) | Pave Earrings (similar) | Metallic Bow Clutch (similar) | Tiffany & Co. Bracelets (similar here or here) | Tiffany & Co. Ring | O.P.I Nail Polish in Casino Royale | L’Oreal Color Riche Lipstick in Radiant Rose (I am loving this color right now!)
Meet Our Head Stylist…
I’m excited to introduce you to the gorgeous Rachel of La Mariposa! When I saw this outfit last week, it was love at first sight – if you’re looking for fabulous weekend style, this is it…
STYLE Q&A WITH RACHEL
1. What is your go-to look? I love to wear colorful or patterned blouses with skinny jeans – It’s an easy look to transition from day to night! However, I’ve been wearing a lot of skirts and dresses lately because they’re more comfortable during the hot summer days. Whatever I wear, I make sure to throw on accessories, because as a Stella & Dot Stylist, I am jewelry obsessed!
2. There are so many fashion trends right now, which on are you currently loving? I love leather and I have to admit – I still am totally stuck on peplum! I have a lot of peplum tops, skirts and even a pair of pants. I think a form-fitting peplum (perhaps a leather one!) creates a very flattering figure that’s the perfect mix of girly and bombshell.
3. What inspired you to start La Mariposa? For as long as I can remember, I have been in love with clothes, accessories and shopping in general. I’m always scouting out new trends and how to find fab items for less. Additionally, I am a huge advocate of language acquisition – being bilingual is really beneficial! I realized La Mariposa could be a great way for me to spread my styling tips and shopping tricks, while teaching readers a bit of Spanish… Not to mention, I’m able to connect with other fashion lovers from all over the world! I am so happy to be blogging – the community is genuinely supportive and I’m amazed at how much I’ve already learned throughout this process.
4. Name three beauty products you couldn’t live without? 1. MAC Tinted Moisturizer – it’s so important to protect your skin from the sun, so why not enhance its color at the same time?! 2. Benefit “They’re Real” Mascara – I’ve just started using this, but i’m hooked already! My lashes look naturally long and full. 3. Mary Kay “Rock n Red” lip gloss – this color is glamorous and it’s so easy to apply!
5. How would you describe your style? I definitely have a tendency to wear more feminine pieces, but I’d say I’ve got a glam factor thrown in there as well. When I’m not all dolled-up, I’m usually more city-chic. Is there a word that describes all of this in one? Haha!
Join The Link Up Now and Share Your Style!