A fabulously unique and oh-so-sweet addition to your Thanksgiving table, try my delicious Sweet Potato Marshmallow Recipe. We all have time honored traditions and staple dishes that appear each year, but it’s also fun experiencing new things with family and friends! Impress with this delicious Sweet Potato Filled Oranges with Golden Marshmallow recipe, it’s easy enough for anyone to make…
Sweet Potato Marshmallow Recipe – What you’ll need…
- Oranges x 4 (which will make 8 serves)
- Sweet Potato x 3 (medium / large size)
- Brown Sugar x 2 tablespoons
- Marshmallows (allow for 3 – 4 per serve)
- Sharp knife
- Vegetable peeler
- Saucepan (and optional steamer)
- Large bowl
- Vegetable masher or fork
Sweet Potato Marshmallow Recipe – What you’ll do…
1. Start by preparing the sweet potato first, which will give you time to do everything else while they cook. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into large squares, then boil or steam until tender.
2. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, prepare the oranges. Cut each orange in half, then use a knife and spoon to remove most of the inside pulp.
3. Once the sweet potato is cooked to your liking, remove and place into a large bowl. Now use a vegetable masher or fork to mash the potato, do this thoroughly so all lumps are gone and you have a smooth consistency. Add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar to the sweet potato mash and continue to mix well.
4. It’s time to scoop the sweet potato mash into the orange halves. Then top each with 3 – 4 marshmallows.
5. Finally, place the orange halves in an oven-safe dish and bake at 350°F (175°C) until the marshmallows start to brown and soften. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy this warm, sweet treat and the deliciously gooey marshmallows!
Tell me, do you have a Thanksgiving recipe tradition in your family? I’d love to know what it is!